viernes, 20 de marzo de 2020

Covid-19 strikes St Patrick's festivities!!!

Comment 18








St. Patrick day is a celebration that is celebrated on 17th March, and it is most popular celebration  in Ireland. The most important symbol of this celebration is the shamrock.

I know about this celebration when my sister went to Dublin in 2016, she went on the English study school trip. Before I hadn´t heard anything about this celebration. When she returned from Dublin she brought some souvenir and all of them have a shamrock with them. I didn´t know why they all had a shamrock and I asked her, and she told me that shamrock is the national symbol of Ireland and, of course, of Dublin.

This celebration is celebrated all the years, but this year it has been cancelled because of COVID-19, as many other celebrations as the Fallas of Valencia, or for the example the E3, the bigger conference of videogames in the world that  is celebrated in Los Angeles.

In my opinion, cancelling all these celebrations was the only thing that they could do, if we didn´t want to have more infected people and for this reason it had to be cancelled.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario